Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Scout It Out

When I was home over Christmas break I was looking through some of my Mom's magazines and I came across an article about classic country cars in  Country Living Magazine.  One photo in particular caught my eye, a 1976 International Harvester Scout II.  The reason why this was so interesting to me is because my Dad owns one.
This is a photo of my Dad's Scout, it hasn't been driven in years and needs a lot of work..  My Grandpa gave it to my Dad over twelve years ago when he got tired of it sitting in the driveway.   Grandpa worked at International Harvester and purchased several Scout's throughout the years at a discount.  Dad fixed it up a little and we used it when it snowed because it had four wheel drive.   When too many things started to go wrong they parked it behind the barn.  Dad has dreams of  doing a total restoration and adding a convertible top like the photo above.

Here are a few photos from our walk around my parents property.  I wish I could have taken some photos of the horses but they were in the barn eating.  I love how wholly they get this time of year.







Yes, there is a man laying on the bench.  Its not a hobo that's my  husband soaking up the sun.
lichen

Scrappy enjoyed running in the back pasture.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love the random husband of yours laying on that bench. Haha. Too cute!

    -kim

    ReplyDelete