Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back Home Again in Indiana

I took an impromptu trip to Indiana to visit my family before I start my new job.  I will be working at a non profit with kids on the autism spectrum.   I might not get another chance to come home until the summer so I hurried home and surprised my family.  I was able to spend some quality time with my nieces and we did some crafting.  My Mom taught me how to crochet a granny square again and I successfully completed my first one!  We also went to the nearby outlet mall and found some great deals at Eddie Bauer, I got a waterproof trench coat for 70% off and a down vest.  Then we headed to the antique mall and got lost.  We could have spent all day, it was a little overwhelming.  The weather has been a bit ridiculous, reaching 61 degrees today.  I spent some time in the pasture getting some photos of the horses.  I had a hard time choosing which ones to post.  The photo below is of  Cocoa on the left and Gypsy on the right.  Cocoa is a rocky mountain horse and we have only had her a year.   She is very curious and loves to go fast.  Gypsy is a Tennessee walking horse and we have had her since I was seven years old making her 21.  When I look into her eyes I see kindness and trust, I love her like a sister.  She unlike Cocoa does not like to go fast and would prefer to take the scenic trail.


Sammy the neighbors horse covered in mud, wasn't too happy with my presence in the pasture.  He gave me the evil eye and snorted at me.



Cocoa was very interested in my camera and slobbered all over the lens.





No comments:

Post a Comment