Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Salsa and Good Walking Music

Yesterday I got up before sunrise, made my husband french toast, watched a tree being cut down across the street, walked to the store for a few ingredients, did laundry, and made tacos and salsa for dinner.  The walk was defiantly the highlight of my day, it was unusually warm and lacking snow for this time of year.  I put on my headphones and played a new band that I have been really into recently: which turns out to be good walking music as well.  The album is called From the Cradle to the Rave and the band has somewhat of a striking name, calling themselves Shit Robot.  I highly recommend checking them out. The band is made up of members from two of my other favorite bands, LCD Soundsystem and Hot Chip.  I can't wait for them to start touring so I can check them out live.  Here are a few photos I snapped on my walk.


Hotel Holley, no longer a hotel now a run down apartment building.

Vintage postcard- Hotel Holley

The local fire station

Ingredients for salsa obtained from my walk to the store.  Tomato, cilantro, onion, lime, garlic radishes, and jalapeno peppers.  I normally use habanero or serrano peppers because I like my salsa hot, but the store had neither.

annihilate 


1 comment: