Friday, February 24, 2012

Birthday

Yesterday I celebrated my 28th birthday.  I slept in, received a package of burly spun yarn from my in laws, used the yarn to get started on my rug for the foyer,  ate my favorite dinner marinated lamb and red skin potatoes, drank a bottle of cab, and watched 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, and the Office.  Not my most eventful birthday but just as good as any other.
The pattern is a combination of 2 different  patterns.  I found one that I really liked and started it but couldn't figure out one part of the directions.  I really liked the center so I kept it and  just started doing a granny circle.   The round shape is perfect for in front of the spiral staircase in the foyer.  I will be posting pictures as soon as I finish!
100% wool....Love!
Card from my Mom.   Perfect for me,  I laughed so hard.  Although my husband kind of liked the idea.

Spinach salad with my homemade vinaigrette.


I made the marinade the day before.  Its ever so simple but oh so delicious.  I start by heating EVOO in a pan then add onions, once they are translucent I add garlic, rosemary, and pepper,  let it cool  then add balsamic vinegar. 
Peanut butter rice krispie treat with chocolate and butterscotch on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment